• Cassandra Vagher

Morrison, Colorado Engagement Photos

Updated: May 8

99% of the time, photoshoots go as planned. Then there's the other 1%. The other 1% happened to Chelsea and Steve's engagement photo session in Rocky Mountain National Park this fall. The three of us drove up to Estes Park with clear weather and then BOOM! Horrendous winds and sheets of snow swarmed Rocky Mountain National Park, and it looked dreadful. We tried. We gave it our best. We stopped by the Stanley Hotel and hoped for a few photos, but the ice pelting our faces made it unbearable for all three of us. We stopped by a local coffee shop and tried for a few there as well, but ultimately decided to reschedule.


Mother nature treated us much better the second time around. Instead of trecking back up to RMNP we opted for a private location in Morrison that is only open to the residents. This mini red rocks amphitheater was gorgeous! Chelsea's father had his wedding at the site the year prior, making it extra special for their engagement photos. Nearby we also snagged a few frozen cold sunset photos at a cute neighborhood pond.


Poor Chelsea had a cold, but toughed it out and still looked stunning during the photo session. Thank you Chelsea for being such a good sport through all of this! She rocked a bright yellow maxi dress and adorable jean Jacket as well as her favorite white dress. The yellow paired amazingly well with the vibrant blues, magentas, and purples of the sunset. With my bold and vibrant editing style, it made the images even more surreal and dreamy.


Chelsea and Steve met about ten years ago, and according to Chelsea, Steve hung out with her a few times and then, "just stuck around forever," she said. I've never met two people in their 20's who know each other as if they've already spent a lifetime together.


Chelsea and Steve will be having their wedding this spring in Texas, ye-ha! Joke's aside, I'm ecstatic for these two and can't wait to see the lives and family they build together.

Cassandra Vagher is a wedding and elopement photographer based out of Denver Colorado, but available for travel anywhere.

(#coloradoengagmentphotos, #coloradoweddingphotographer #denverweddingphotographer)

Cassandra Vagher Creative LLC | Colorado Elopement Photographer 

Specializing in bold and vibrant wedding and elopement photography. 

Colorado Mountain Wedding Photographer offering services in Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, Crested Butte, Silverthorne, Granby, Winter Park, Breckenridge, Telluride, Boulder, Colorado Springs, and beyond.

Based out of:
Arvada, CO 80005

© 2020 by Cattywampus Club